Something like Gypsies

One newly uprooted family and their modern gypsy-like adventures, sprinkled with a wild baking-itch, and an obsession with crafts and projects.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Mom-opoly

With my toddlers. Or against them, maybe? I spend all day back-and-forth, from one kid to another, scolding, hugging, disciplining, pulling my hair out. It's kinda like a real-life board game when you roll dice and land on spaces like "Child did not understand you the first time you told her not to color on the wall, go back to beginning and clean up the mess again", or "Bathroom: you are in another room and your children take the advantage steal your already-cold lunch, and see what happens if they flush it down the toilet in the other bathroom"; "Garden: your garden looks lovely, but while you are watering, the girls tear the flowers off all the bushes behind you". Days like today. Ahhh. Can I have a refund? On the day, not necessarily any of my children, choices, or anything like that. For instance, right now, at 7:30pm I am camped outside my kids room because the two young ones were sent to bed early for disobedience. But if I were to leave, they would get out of bed and play, talk, climb, get into stuff, and I just don't have the patience for that today. I am spent. Can I have a mini-vacation? Like an un-chaperoned trip to the grocery store?

No comments: